Spell, Record, Respond: Moving from assessment to instruction is a professional support resource to help educators assess students' spelling abilities, identify areas for improvement and select appropriate teaching strategies to develop students' spelling competencies.
The CD-ROM contains a series of PowerPoint presentations for dictations, which can be administered as contextual pre- or post-tests.
- This professional support guide also contains a series of word and sentence dictations for pre-and-post-testing of the Oxford Wordlist words. They include audio and visual support and are suitable for the IWB.
- Includes all checklists, a guide for parents and a series of activity cards as customisable Word documents.
- Provides a range of formal and informal information-gathering processes for spelling. Provides guidance on gathering students' background evidence and data.
- Informs educators about students' spelling practices, attitudes, skills and understandings.
- Gives teachers the tools to analyse the spelling data collected and plan effective teaching responses. Explains how teachers can plan for instruction.
- Takes teachers through the process of checking students' ability to spell words from the Oxford Wordlist and words they write in connected text.
- Checklists for deeper probing when results suggest that students have gaps in their knowledge and skills.
- Customisable activity worksheets.
- Annotated checklist.
- Strong curriculum links with a focus on phonetic, visual, morphological and etmological competencies.
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.