Part of the series Reading Around Writing About.
Reading Around Writing About is a series designed to improve literacy in the classroom. The assessment activities are targeted notionally for students aged 6–12 years. There are six books in the series written for the Western Australian school Years 1–7. A particularly strong feature of the series is the close alignment between the reading and the writing exercises. The reading texts have been carefully chosen to provide valuable models for the students’ writing, and engaging tasks are used to elicit students’ own writing.
The Student Book
What distinguishes this product from other literacy series is:
- The diversity of stimulating texts that represent the range of text forms students are expected to read (imaginative texts, information texts and argument texts)
- The wide variety of questions and the diverse range of skills elicited
- The close analysis of the skills students demonstrate in their answers
- The eye-catching, colourful design
The Student Book contains twenty stimulating and interesting texts, including narratives (novel extracts, short stories and fables), instructional and environmental texts, and appealing informational texts. The questions on each text assess students’ ability to:
- Make meaning from texts
- Understand the ways in which language varies according to context
- Interpret the conventions of written texts
The texts and questions range in level of difficulty according to year level, allowing teachers to monitor and assess the development of their students’ reading ability.
Persuasive Writing Tasks
Many of the texts used in Reading Around, Writing About provide good models of persuasive writing or can be used as a stimulus for a persuasive task. Jangles Publications has devised a number of persuasive writing tasks to support the teaching of persuasive writing. Teachers are welcome to download these tasks and photocopy them for use in their classrooms.
View Persuasive Writing Tasks for Year 7:
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 7,|
|Author(s)||Jan Brandreth; Sandy Heldsinger|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.