Part of the series Primary Checkpoints.
The Primary Checkpoints series is designed to provide ready-made stimulating activities for students in a wide variety of subject areas. The activities and questions are presented in a way that familiarises students with a variety of assessment formats and are ideal for class work or homework.
How is it structured?
- Each unit starts with a different text type on a theme that is relevant to the age and ability level of the student
- Reading comprehension questions and language convention tasks are based on the text type
- Numeracy tasks include mental arithmetic questions and a problem solving task
- Encouragement pages offer tasks that are related to other curriculum areas, such as, science, geography, history, health, fitness and social issues
How will it support my teaching?
- The checkpoint units in each book are an ideal assessment tool and provide a record of student progress
- The books offer ready made units of work based on popular themes, such as, celebrations, sport, transport and inventions, which saves you time on planning
- Questions are presented in a way that familiarises students with popular testing styles, providing teachers and parents with a valuable tool in preparing students for national assessment
- The flexible and varied nature of the books allows them to be used throughout the year for extension or revision
How will it benefit my students?
- Different text types help students to question information gained from a variety of sources, which develops skills in critical literacy
- Engaging themes encourage learning and the common layout prepares students for popular assessment formats
- Full colour photographs help students relate learning to every day contexts
- Develops literacy and numeracy skills through cross-curricular themes
Primary Checkpoints 6
- Unit 1: Food Food - Healthy Pizza
- Unit 2: Celebrations Religious Festivals
- Unit 3: Sport & Games Extreme Sports Records
- Unit 4: Tales Rona and the Moon
- Checkpoint: Unit 1 How to do an Ollie
- Unit 5: Transport Flight - Up Up and Away!
- Unit 6: Rules The Australian Federal Government
- Unit 7: Humour April Fools!
- Unit 8: Inventions A Robotic Timeline
- Checkpoint: Unit 2 The Colour My Day Concert
- Unit 9: Australia Immigration
- Unit 10: Records & Facts Aussie Icons
- Unit 11: Recreation So You Want To Be A Rock Star
- Unit 12: Health & Fitness Backyard Circuit Training
- Checkpoint: Unit 3 The Zig-Zag
- Unit 13: Communicating Media
- Unit 14: Beasts Underwater Beasts
- Unit 15: How it Works The Mobile Phone
- Checkpoint: Unit 4 Snake!
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 6,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.