Pharmacology in Nursing, Australian and New Zealand 3rd Edition focuses on the use of drugs as medications within the healthcare environment in Australia and New Zealand. This text is a resource for nurses and health professionals in their understanding of drugs and their actions, especially with regard to the responsibilities of nurses in relation to medication administration and patient management. The text introduces medications and medication therapies, and the principles and methods of medication administration, with an emphasis on the implications for nursing care. Specific medication therapy considerations for vulnerable groups are presented to highlight the special concerns for these groups. A review of dosage calculations is also included. The text takes a body systems approach, focusing on the pharmacology of the medications that act on the various body systems and their disorders.
- Medication Tables summarise important medication information, indications, active ingredients and nursing considerations. Generic rather than brand names are used, along with Tall Man labelling, which minimises confusion where there are similarities in active ingredients
- 'Safety in Nursing Practice' boxes highlight important health and safety issues for patient and nurse, along with the appropriate response to critical situations
- Chapter boxes include: Ethical and Legal Considerations; Pharmacology Highlights, which present key information and issues in contemporary pharmacology; and Client Teaching, to ensure that students are able to equip people in their care in clinical facilities with information and strategies for healthy outcomes when they return home
- Practical and Professional Applications (previously Applying the nursing process) take students through the practical and professional applications of pharmacology theory and nursing accountabilities
- End-of-chapter summaries, critical thinking exercises and review questions reinforce chapter objectives, and case studies demonstrate actual situations to students
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.