Part of the series OZBOX: Learning Through Literacy.
OZBOX: Learning Through Literacy is a comprehensive and engaging program for years 3-6 that provides full coverage of the Australian Curriculum for Science and Humanities and Social Sciences, specifically History and Geography. The program is ideal for shared, guided and independent reading and writing.
OZBOX provides educators with a flexible approach to allow for differentiated instruction. This program includes four individual topic cards for each Australian Curriculum content description. The cards are written at different reading levels, allowing all students to learn the content outlined in the Australian Curriculum.
OZBOX complements the Oxford Australian Curriculum Atlases, allowing for deeper learning of topics and providing many new topics.
View Oxford Curriculum Atlases
Student Topic Cards:
- Provide opportunities for students to practise comprehension skills and strategies
- Provide opportunities for students to demonstrate research and writing skills
- Are suitable for shared, guided and independent reading and writing
- Include QR codes that link to real-life videos, allowing for deeper learning and engagement with the subject content
For each topic card, OZBOX provides comprehensive professional support for educators to ensure students have every opportunity to achieve the learning outcomes outlined in the Australian Curriculum.
OZBOX caters for the different reading abilities of students in a class. Four cards have been written for every topic and the cards are written at different reading levels. Pre-and post-assessment rubics provide educators with tools to monitor student learning and students are also able to monitor their own learning using self-assessment rubics.
OZBOX: Learning Through Literacy - Year 5
Year 5 OZBOX contains 56 topic cards*
- 20 Geography topic cards
- 16 Science topic cards
- 20 History topic cards
*There are 6 copies of each topic card to facilitate group work.
Click the button below to see how OZBOX: Learning Through Literacy - Year 5 aligns with the Australian Curriculum.
OZBOX: Learning Through Literacy - Year 5 Australian Curriculum
Click the button below to see how OZBOX: Learning Through Literacy - Year 5 aligns with the NSW Syllabus.
OZBOX: Learning Through Literacy - Year 5 NSW Syllabus
OZBOX: Learning Through Literacy - Year 5 comes with an activation code allowing teachers to easily access the online support materials, including interactive topic cards and comprehensive professional support materials.
OZBOX teacher support materials include:
- Interactive topic cards, including glossaries and inquiry-based learning menus
- Professional support notes for each topic card
- Activity sheets and Graphic organisers
- Pre- and post-knowledge tests (including answers)
- Student self-assessment template
- Class tracking document
- Information sheet about comprehension behaviours
- Information sheet about using third-party videos safely in the classroom
Note: An OZBOX licence is an individual teacher licence for the entire lifetime of the product
View Sample Cards
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Learning Cards & Boxes,|
|Year Level||Year 5,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.