Oxford VCE English 1 & 2 has been developed for the recently revised VCE English Study Design. Featuring peerless visual design while addressing key student needs, this resource is a practical classroom solution for all Areas of Study.
- A strong focus on metalanguage throughout
- In depth coverage of text types studied in AOS 1
- Detailed exploration of the three AOS 2 Contexts
- A plethora of written and visual material for analysis in AOS 3
- Your Turn tasks consolidate student learning
- Comprehensive Assessment Resources component, including practice assessment tasks
Part 1 Reading and Responding
- Chapter 1.1 AOS 1 overview
- Chapter 1.2 The novel
- Chapter 1.3 The short story
- Chapter 1.4 Autobiography and biography
- Chapter 1.5 Drama
- Chapter 1.6 Poetry
- Chapter 1.7 Narrative film
- Chapter 1.8 Documentary film
- Chapter 1.9 Points of view, values and interpretation
- Chapter 1.10 Assessment resources
Part 2 Creating and Presenting
- Chapter 2.1 AOS 2 overview
- Chapter 2.2 Exploring and presenting themes or ideas – The migrant experience
- Chapter 2.3 Exploring technology and communication
- Chapter 2.4 Exploring workplace communication
Part 3 Using Language to Persuade
- Chapter 3.1 AOS 3 overview
- Chapter 3.2 Persuasive language
- Chapter 3.4 Persuasive texts
- Chapter 3.5 Analysing persuasive texts
- Chapter 3.6 Assessment resources
About the Authors
Michael Horne is Head of English at Ave Maria College in Essendon. He has a number of years experience teaching VCE English and Literature. Michael has presented at VATE conferences for Area of Study 2 – Creating and Presenting.
Ryan Johnstone has ten years experience teaching English and ESL in Australia and England. He is currently the Deputy Head of English at Scotch College in Hawthorn. Ryan has presented for VATE on the new VCE English/ESL Study Design.
Susan Leslie taught VCE English for ten years and assessed VCE English exams for a number of years. She has recently been travelling overseas as well as developing the Oxford VCE English series.
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 10, Year 11,|
|Author(s)||Michael Horne, Ryan Johnstone& Susan Leslie|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.