Part of the series Oxford Maths Ready.
Building student confidence and bridging the gaps to success
Oxford Maths Ready supports mainstream classroom mathematics by offering practical strategies and learning opportunities for primary students who have fallen behind in maths. It provides insights into the potential difficulties faced by students and ideas to engage them in successful mathematics learning, with a focus on helping them to meet the relevant year level curriculum expectations. This series can be used in conjunction with Oxford Maths for Australian Schools, or as a support to any other whole-school or classroom maths program.
The Teacher Handbooks:
- use a developmental approach to build on students’ existing knowledge
- support students to activate their prior knowledge before extending to new concepts and skills
- draw on the sequences of skills identified in the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics and the National Numeracy Learning Progression
- give explicit guidance to help teachers and students focus on key ideas and strategies to enhance mathematical learning
- follow a ‘gradual release of responsibility’ model that encourages students to observe, discuss and engage in hands-on experiences, helping them work towards becoming independent mathematicians.
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.