Part of the series Oxford Literacy Reading Big Books.
The Oxford Literacy big books are the ideal resource for whole-class shared reading. They explore and extend the themes introduced in the guided reading titles by allowing for the explicit teaching of text types with concepts, visual literacy and language features to engage and extend early years students.
Shared reading – Reading the visuals
Reading the visuals is a classroom program that provides explicit instruction on how visual information is constructed and deconstructed to assist comprehension.
These are some of the questions that can be explored through whole class and small group learning using the innovative and fully interactive whiteboard software that is included with all the big books:
- How do you read the visual information in the text?
- What meaning is added to the written text?
- Which visual communicator adds the most meaning to a particular topic and text type?
By focusing on the theme of the big book (eg values), students are guided through learning opportunities to manipulate and create their own visual information to suit the purpose of the range of text types featured.
Each Oxford Literacy big book:
- Supports a particular Oxford Literacy theme across and through a range of text types
- Includes eight text types (a total of eight text types in each big book), each of which are presented as a double-page spread
- Includes interactive whiteboard (IWB) software to focus on reading, interpreting and manipulating the visual literacy featured for each text type
Indigenous Kids: Brave and Brilliant
Indigenous Kids: Brave and Brilliant presents Indigenous kids from all around Australia. The kids who have contributed to the book have written about what they want to tell all Australian kids about what they love to do at school and at play. Sections of Indigenous Kids: Brave and Brilliant are devoted to the work that The Fred Hollows Foundation has done to improve Indigenous Australians' health and literacy.
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Readers & Literacy,|
|Year Level||Early Years, Foundation, Year 1,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.