Oxford Big Ideas Science Australian Curriculum - Year 7: Teacher obook/assess (Digital Access Only)
Part of the series Oxford Big Ideas Science Australian Curriculum - Year 7.
PLEASE NOTE: By purchasing this product, you will receive a digital access code via email. Please allow 1-2 business days for the code to be emailed to you.
The exciting Oxford Big Ideas Science series will motivate and engage students. Its wide range of activities and sources will allow students to be successful in the science classroom and support independent study.
Oxford Big Ideas Science:
- organises learning around the big ideas of science and revisits these ideas with increasing complexity
- sorts content into meaningful inquiry-based big questions and establishes learning priorities
- focuses on developing scientific and inquiry skills
- is a truly integrated approach to Science Understanding, Science Inquiry Skills and Science as a Human Endeavour
- includes a brand new Discovering Ideas inquiry task at the start of every unit
- uses the six Overarching Ideas from the Australian Curriculum: Science to connect content across the disciplines
- seamlessly covers the big ideas, overarching ideas, general capabilities, cross-curricula priorities and three strands from the Australian Curriculum: Science
- engages students with topical stimulus material, stunning imagery and step-by-step instructional skills photography
- is supported by a workbook, obook and teacher kit to offer the complete teaching package at each year level
- offers innovative digital resources, including an interactive obook with Oxford’s new Virtual Laboratory that brings science experiments to life – perfect for those schools that teach Year 7 in primary school.
Practical and targeted teacher support is provided in digital format via Teacher obook/assess. Obook provides teachers with access to the Student Book together with added extras like teaching programs, lesson ideas, worksheets, class tests and answers to all activities in the Student Book. Assess offers the ability to assign interactive quizzes and tests, gather results and monitor student performance. Your activation code is printed on a card which will be mailed to you.
About the Authors
Sally Cash is a former secondary Science and Maths teacher in Australia and abroad, and has also worked at the Melbourne Museum and has written numerous science textbooks. Sally is an author on the Oxford Big Ideas Science Australian Curriculum series.
Geoff Quinton was one of the team of writers for the Australian Curriculum Science and in 2010 was Senior Project Officer for Science at ACARA, overseeing the final revisions of the F-10 Curriculum. Geoff has taught science in England and Australia for 22 years, including as a head of learning area. He has produced digital learning materials for senior secondary chemistry courses, and has been an examiner for TEE and WACE examinations. He is an active member of the Science Teachers Association of WA and has been an ASTA councilor. He currently coordinates work between the sectors of education in WA supporting Australian Curriculum implementation. Geoff is an author and series consultant of the Oxford Big Ideas Science Australian Curriculum series.
Craig Tilley has taught general Science and senior Physics at Shore School, NSW and at Melbourne Grammar, Mentone Grammar and Mentone Girls Grammar Schools in VIC. He has been a VCAA exam marker for many years and has authored numerous Science and Physics textbooks.
Helen Silvester is Head of Science at Mentone Girls’ Grammar School. After completing several years of research at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute and the Royal Children’s Hospital, Helen entered the world of teaching. She has maintained her passion for all areas of Science and 18 years of teaching has allowed her to harness her creativity and made her realise how much more she wants to discover. She has been a contributor to the Oxford Big Ideas Science Australian Curriculum series.
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 7,|
|Author(s)||Sally Cash, Geoff Quinton, Craig Tilley and Helen Silvester|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.