This beautiful resource was developed by a consortium of experts, including the Aboriginal Education Council of NSW, the NSW Department of Education and Communities, and the NSW Office of the Board of Studies. Nelson Aboriginal Studies fills a gap in resources specific to the Stage 6 Aboriginal Studies Syllabus but will also be a useful standalone reference for students and teachers in other states. The book offers fresh perspectives and insights from some of the best Indigenous and non-Indigenous scholars. It is designed to provide an absorbing, complex and strategically balanced understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures.
- Useful across the HSC curriculum, with topic crossovers in Legal Studies, Society and Culture, English, Drama, Geography and History
- Can also be used in TAFE and university Aboriginal Studies courses, and in other states
- The final section has overseas comparisons, which teachers and students find challenging at present; it places Australia in an international context
- Contains analysis and fresh research insights on areas which in the past have not been adequately covered
- Presents a range of perspectives providing impressive scope and depth of coverage. The structure of the text illustrates the diversity of Aboriginal perspectives.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 11, Year 12,|
|Author(s)||Allison Cadzow, John Maynard, Heather Goodall, Nicole Watson, Peter Read, Ray Kelly, Gary Foley, Frances Peters Little, Romaine Moreton, Djon Mundine, Gordon Briscoe, Danny Lester, Kirrily Jordan, Ashley South, Roz Stephens, John Lester, Larissa Behrendt|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.