Part of the series Neap English Reading & Comparing Guides.
The Neap Smartstudy English Reading and Comparing guide to The Queen by Stephen Frears and Ransom by David Malouf features:
- general advice on how to approach the comparative section of the VCE English course
- an easy-to-follow layout
- background information on the authors of the two texts, such as personal history, writing careers and other published works
- the historical and cultural contexts in which the two texts were written
- key quotes in addition to detailed chapter summaries
- in-depth main character summaries and secondary character summaries coupled with key words selected to describe each character
- the central comparative concepts of The Queen and Ransom
- explanation of important textual features, such as setting, narration, and language use
- images to help with learning, such as a diagram showing the differences between the themes of the two texts
- essay writing tips that break down the planning process and help with comparative essay writing
- two sample essays; one with essay structure explained and one complete essay
- focus questions as well as exam-style questions to prepare for the VCE English Units 3&4 exam
- marginal notes throughout, including explanations of key ideas and terms, and tricky language
- additional references and resources
- the expertise of practising VCE English teachers
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 12,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.