Part of the series Middle Years Developing Numeracy - Algebra.
Activities that consolidate student understanding of equations, formulae, identities, sequences, functions and graphs. 64 pages of maths activities featuring real-life and theoretical contexts; with each task carefully graded, and the level of difficulty progressing from Book 1 through to Book 3. Includes teacher's notes, and answers for time-efficient marking. Suitable for Middle Years 5-8.
Book 2 Topics
- The Different Roles Played by Letter Symbols in Equations, Formulae and Functions
- Index Notation for Small Positive Integer Powers
- Simplify or Transform Linear Expressions
- Construct and Solve Linear Equations with Integer Coefficients
- Use Graphs and Set Up Equations to Solve Simple Problems involving Direct Proportion
- Substitute Integers into Simple Formulae
- Generate and Describe Integer Sequences
- Generate Terms of a Linear Sequence using Term-to-Term and Position-to-Term Definitions of the Sequence
- Use Linear Expressions to Describe the nth Term of an Arithmetic Sequence
- Investigate Sequences and Interpret Solutions in Geometric and Algebraic Forms
- Generate Points in all Four Quadrants and Plot the Graphs of Linear Functions
- Construct Linear Functions and Plot their Corresponding Graphs
Uses and Benefits of the Books
- Supplementary classroom lessons
- Homework activities
- Reinforcement of learning
- Extension work for advanced students
- Preparation for assessment
- Exam revision Teaching Benefits
- Creative teaching ideas
- Developing greater student interest and understanding
- A fresh approach to a topic or lesson
- A way of targeting student weaknesses
- Suitable for individual or group work
- A variety of activities for home study
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 5, Year 6, Year 7, Year 8,|
|Author(s)||Hilary Koll and Steve Mills|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.