Part of the series Mathscape 9.
Mathscape 9 is designed for use by students completing Stage 4 and students ready for Stage 5.1 who wish to complete Stage 5.2 Mathematics by the end of Year 10. It is part of a series of 6 exciting books that responds to the NSW Board of Studies Mathematics 7-10 syllabus. The book offers clear advice for all students with step-by-step instruction for each exercise. These are graded as Introductory, Consolidation and Further Application, making the mathematics accessible to all students.
Mathscape 9 offers comprehensive coverage of the syllabus. It treats the outcomes of the Working Mathematically strand as an implicit part of every activity. Additionally, there is a special 'Focus on Working Mathematically' feature in each chapter to take students further into the many processes of mathematical inquiry.
Features of Mathscape 9:
• caters for a wide range of abilities
• stage outcomes listed to help teachers program learning
• clear explanations to help students access concepts
• examples and solutions to model skills
• a great depth and breadth of graded exercises
• cross-curricular studies modelling “Working Mathematically”
• web links to the best available Mathematical sites
• 'Language Link with Macquarie' to help achieve literacy outcomes
• chapter reviews of all key chapter content
• answers to exercises
Free Mathscape School CDs For students:
• interactive mathematics programs
• spreadsheets, with introductory tutorial
• dynamic geometry
• printable worksheets for each technology application
• CD is networkable, copiable to server, site licence included
• extra copies of CDs for students' computers available
• simple, easy to use, flexible
• directly applied to the mathematics
Contents• syllabus grids, notes, weblinks
• multiple platform: Windows, Macintosh, Linux
• email helpline
A free school CD is available with adoptions of 25 copies or more. Limit one free copy per CD per school
Contents1 Rational numbers 2 Algebra 3 Consumer arithmetic 4 Equations, inequations and formulae 5 Measurement 6 Data representation and analysis 7 Probability 8 Indices 9 Geometry 10 The linear function 11 Trigonometry 12 Co-ordinate geometry Appendix Number revision Answers
For full contents click here. image
Mathscape 9/9 Extension School CD-ROM
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 9,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.