Part of the series History Now - Student Books.
History Now is an exciting new series, which aims to give students a sound understanding of the people and events that have shaped Australia’s society, culture and landscape, and explain how their own life and personal history fits into a broader context. This series enhances students’ Historical Knowledge and Understanding and Historical Skills.
- Written to the Australian Curriculum.
- Students respond to each unit both factually and inferentially.
- Inquiry questions addressed.
- Each unit is comprised of stimulus texts followed by activities that further develop students’ knowledge, skills and understandings.
- Stimulus texts presented in both textual and visual form include recounts of historical events, biographies, portraits, retrieval charts and tables, contemporary and modern maps, contemporary illustrations, photographs, timelines, breakout boxes, lists, journal entries and eyewitness accounts.
- 16 units with each unit providing a minimum two week’s work for Years 3-6.
- 8 units with each providing 4-5 weeks work for Years F-2.
- Further sources and activities to extend the topic provided on the teacher's CD-ROMs - sold separately.
- Answers available to download.
Sample Unit - Year 1
Click on the images below to view sample pages.
History Now - Teacher's CD-ROM: Year 1
The supporting Teacher’s CD-ROM contains extra information and activities including a full digital PDF copy of the book (non-printable), blackline master worksheets, computer-based directed research activities, Australian Curriculum content descriptions, assessment tasks, extension activities, term programs, background information and teacher notes.
|Publisher||Teachers 4 Teachers|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Foundation, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.