Part of the series Heroes of Australian Science.
This powerful series presents a selection of Australians whose work has contributed to furthering scientific knowledge, ideas and understandings and who consequently, have played a part in influencing and changing the ways we live. Each scientist has played a part in influencing and changing the ways we live.
- a profile of each scientist, outlining key achievements, awards and life facts
- 'Science jargon' - on-page vocabulary support
- Timeline - an overview of the major discoveries and contributions of the scientific field
This book presents a selection of scientists whose work in sustainable energy has contributed to our understandings of renewable energy sources, storing energy and the impact of new energy sources on the way we live. The scientists we meet are:
- Martin Green - improving solar cells
- Annette Cowie - benefits of bioenergy
- Mihcael Borowitzka - creating fuels from algae
- Maria Skyllas-Kazcos - inventing a battery to store renewable energy
|Product Type||Readers & Literacy,|
|Year Level||Year 5, Year 6,|
|Author(s)||Astrid Judge and Jane Fitzpatrick|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.