Part of the series enVisionMATHS - Year 5.
enVisionMATHS is a topic-driven teaching and learning program aligned with the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics. enVisionMATHS combines powerful visual learning strategies that make meaningful connections between known and new maths ideas for your students, with breakthrough digital teaching and learning tools that cater to each teacher's technological expertise. Differentiated teaching and learning strategies allow you to tailor your methods to improve students' learning. Program components can be adapted to all primary Maths classrooms around Australia and can be taught in any order. enVisionMATHS was written by nationally and internationally recognised academics and leading classroom teachers from across the country.
View Sample Pages
Features and Benefits
- Powerful visual learning strategies
- Contains embedded, differentiated teaching and learning opportunities
- Includes convenient topic-based resources
- Written to align with the Australian Curriculum: Maths content and proficiency strands.
- Teachers have the very best of both worlds: colour-coded topic booklets to plan units of work straight from the box, Maths Thinking Skills Books, Maths background knowledge, differentiation strategies, instructional questions, suggested lesson sequences, assessment tasks which save valuable time when preparing for NAPLANs … plus breakthrough digital teaching and learning tools that are innovative and lesson/topic based
- Students are captivated by contemporary animations and other visual representations of maths ideas
- Differentiation allows teachers to effectively reach every student, giving them the opportunity to succeed
- Every investigation, digital task, mental computation activity, game, homework sheet, assessment task and planning module is topic-based so teachers don't have to search for relevant extra elements
- Up-to-date and future-ready as the Australian Curriculum is implemented across the country.
enVisionMATHS Activity Zone Box 5
The enVisionMATHS Activity Zone Box 5 provides you with a box of sturdy laminated cards. These cards are colour-coded and topic-based, designed to promote interaction between students and make Maths learning meaningful and enjoyable. Investigations, digital activities, games and mental computation (minds) cards are all available for Years 3-6. Space for students to respond to these cards is provided in the enVisionMATHS Thinking Skills Book 3-6. Four copies of one digital activities card, two copies of two different minds cards, two copies of three different investigations cards and one copy of four different games cards are supplied per topic. Copies are provided by card type in anticipation of varying group sizes for various tasks. Minds cards provide quiz questions and investigations cards provide several research questions which are progressively more complex, and games cards are divided into two levels of complexity, as one or two star versions of the games, allowing you to cater for a range of abilities within your classroom.
- Cards are colour-coded and topic-based.
- Cards are sturdy and laminated, protected against classroom wear and tear.
- Encourages interaction between students and strives to make Maths learning meaningful and enjoyable.
- A range of cards are available to support your topics, including investigations, digital activities, games and mental computation (minds) cards.
- Four copies of one digital activities card, two copies of two different minds cards, two copies of three different investigations cards and one copy of four different games cards are supplied per topic.
- Minds, investigations and games cards provide progressively more complex challenges to students, allowing you to cater for a range of abilities.
- The Maths Thinking Skills Book 3-6 provides students with space to respond to these cards.
- Aligns with the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics content and proficiency strands.
Teacher reactions to enVisionMATHS
enVisionMATHS Tutorial Videos
Tutorial 1: Introduction
Tutorial 1.1: Overview
Tutorial 1.2: Components
Tutorial 1.3: Suggested Teaching Sequence
Tutorial 2: Planning, Differentiation and Group Work
Tutorial 2.1: Planning
Tutorial 2.2: Differentiation
Tutorial 2.3: Group Work
Tutorial 3: Assessment
Tutorial 3.1: Assessment Overview
Tutorial 3.2: Diagnostic Assessments
Tutorial 4: Tools4Maths
Tutorial 4.1: Tools4Maths Overview
Tutorial 4.2: Tools4Maths Tools
Tutorial 4.3: Tools4Maths Navigation
Tutorial 5: Teaching a Lesson
Tutorial 5.1: Teaching a F to 2 Lesson
Tutorial 5.2: Teaching a 3 to 6 Lesson
Q: How is enVisionMATHS different to other maths teaching systems? A: enVisionMATHS is the only maths teaching program that combines modular print-based teaching resources with breakthrough digital teaching and learning tools. The combination of print and digital teaching tools makes enVisionMATHS unique - and exponentially more effective. The use of visual learning bridges and animations is also unique and provides for deep conceptual understanding of Maths in accordance with the aims of the Australian Curriculum.
Q: Couldn't I just google the online maths teaching resources? A: Googling this broad topic returns almost 2,000,000 responses. By the time you've sorted these into the categories and formats you want, you could have prepared a lesson. enVisionMATHS resources are professionally researched, created and collated to be 100% relevant to Australian students and teachers and the Australian Curriculum.
Q: Why not just teach the way I've always taught? A: All the research into primary learning points to significant changes taking place. Parents want more accountability and consistency, while students want interactive, engaging learning experiences. In response, enVisionMATHS delivers a direct, instructional and measurable approach to learning Maths basics, gift wrapped within a framework of interactivity, involvement and cross-media platforms.
Q: I have a multi-age classroom. How does enVisionMATHS address this? A: Through provision of particular resources at each level (for example skills trace, differentiated worksheets, games at two levels, maths computation questions with increasing complexity) enVisionMATHS provides resources that allow you to plan a pathway for different ages and levels. The Overview and Implementation Guide at each level provides advice on implementation of the program in multi-age classes.
View Other Year Levels in the enVisionMATHS series
|Product Type||Learning Cards & Boxes,|
|Year Level||Year 5,|
|Author(s)||Catherine Attard, Terri Bullock, Linda Flanagan, Judy Lewis, Carmen Morgan, Nicole Morrison, Heidi-Lee Reitsma, John Sandy, Jenny Saunders, Greg Thomas and Deborah Vietri.|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.