Part of the series Cengage Learning Australia - Education.
Educational Psychology for Learning and Teaching introduces key theories of development and learning to help you understand how learners learn, and how educators can be more effective in their teaching practice. Featuring current research on the various dimensions of learning and teaching alongside traditional theories, it provides a clear framework of theory and evidence that supports modern education practices.
Taking a comprehensive approach, this text investigates how to apply psychology principles to education contexts to enhance learning and teaching quality, particularly for accommodating individual student needs. This wholly Australian and New Zealand text caters for those who are planning to work with any age range from early childhood to adolescence and beyond. With a greater focus on resilience in education settings, the discussion of creativity alongside intelligence and a broader discussion on diversity, this new edition is up-to-date for the pre-service teacher.
New, print versions of this book come with bonus online study tools on the CourseMate Express and Search Me! platforms
- Module concept maps and core questions introduce each of the chapters within the part and give an overview of how the chapters in the module relate to each other. ‘Putting it together’ sections at the end of modules encourage a holistic view of children, of learning and of teaching by highlighting links across groups of chapters, complementing the connections given at the end of each chapter
- Visualise how each chapter is organised and how key topics are connected by exploring the chapter opening ‘Concept maps’ and ‘Key questions’
- Examine important and current research in teaching and learning in specific studies highlighted in the 'Research Links’ boxes
- Connect theory to practice via examples of research or applications of theory in classroom settings in the ‘Classroom Links’ boxes
- Consider the implications of theory on classroom practitioners with learning and teaching examples in the ‘Implications for Educators’ boxes
- Students apply their knowledge by attempting the activities at the end of many boxed items
- Answering the ‘Think about’ questions throughout the chapters allows students to reflect critically on the processes of learning and teaching and on their beliefs about these processes
- Analyse ‘Case studies’ present real issues in context, encouraging learners to integrate and apply the concepts discussed in the chapter to the classroom
- 'About…’ boxes profile leading contemporary and historical psychologists and their theories
- Help your students to review, practise and extend their knowledge using the revision quizzes and video activities in the CourseMate Express online platform. Margin notes in the text direct readers to a rich array of materials online, including videos, case studies, interactive activities and more
- A twelve-month subscription to Search Me! Education provides students with 24-hour access to full-text articles from hundreds of scholarly and popular periodicals for wider reading and assignments. Search Me! Education keywords at the end of each chapter guide students to explore topics further and find current references
- Educational psychology for learning and teaching
MODULE 1 The learner developing over time
- Emerging skills
- Cognitive development
- Social, emotional and moral development
MODULE 2 The learning process
- Behavioural views of learning
- Cognitive explanations of learning
- Humanist approaches to learning
MODULE 3 Individual difference in the inclusive classroom
- Motivation and engagement
- Intelligence and creativity
- Learning support needs and inclusive education
- Sociocultural factors in the learning process
MODULE 4 Educational psychology in contemporary classrooms
- Information and communication technology (ICT) in learning and teaching
- Assessment and reporting
- Creating a positive classroom
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.