The Communications Toolkit is a valuable and practical resource guide to enable students to develop effective communication skills.
The text helps students make a successful transition to tertiary studies, develop effective research skills for their discipline, approach academic writing with confidence, refine their writing skills, and enhance their face-to-face communication experience.
This new edition includes more information than ever on active listening and dealing with conflict, while taking into account the changing nature of university studies as more and more students study and take courses online. To deal with the diverse ways students study, this text includes new examples of online students’ communication work and new coverage of the communication challenges students face when going to university.
- Support your students with the transition to studying online and the challenges they may face,beginning from Chapter 1, Making the transition, right through to online teamwork and presentations by the end of the book
- Prepare your students with important contemporary communication skills such as active listening, conflict resolution and effective meeting skills in chapter 13, Interpersonal skills, and chapter 15, Teamwork
- Test student understanding as you go via the Activity boxes which include questions to help learners review, integrate, and comprehend information. Answers to selected activities can be found online in the CourseMate Express website
- Learn how to identify the most common mistakes and errors students make and how to address or improve on them through the How to spot and fix tables
Part 1 – Transition to tertiary studies
- Making the transition
- Developing effective study skills
Part 2 – Research skills
- Identifying appropriate resources
- Evaluating your resources
Part 3 – Academic writing
- Approaches to writing
- Reflective writing
- Report writing
- Academic essay writing
- Other tertiary genres
Part 4 – Refining your writing
- Two principles of good academic writing
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling
Part 5 – Face-to-face communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Intercultural communication
- Oral presentations
- Where to from here?
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.