Part of the series CARS Plus - Teacher Guides.
About the series:
Comprehensive Assessment of Reading Strategies (CARS) is a diagnostic reading series that allows you to identify and assess a student's level of mastery for 12 reading strategies, with the exception of Books P and AA, which address 6 strategies and Book A which addresses 8 strategies.
This ten-level program is designed for students in years P to 8. Comprehensive Assessment of Reading Strategies helps teachers place students in Strategies to Achieve Reading Success (STARS Plus Series) for reading instruction and remediation.
These new, updated editions expand on the research-proven success of the earlier series to make boosting your students' reading comprehension with targeted instruction in the core strategies even easier.
CARS Plus builds on the established principles underpinning the original CARS series, but now adds a benchmarking component, so you can ascertain just where your students are in relation to the targeted reading strategies and how their understanding is progressing. Each of the new CARS Plus Student Books contains fifteen separate tests for each level from P-H.
If you've used CARS and STARS before you'll notice updated versions of familiar stories and some new additions in each series. Stories have been carefully selected and reformulated to more specifically tailor them to each level of the program.
Each Teacher Guide contains:
- Suggestions and instructions for using CARS effectively in the classroom
- A summary of the research that supports the CARS Plus Series
- A four-page reproducible that outlines the strategies and can be used with students as a skill-review summary, or to reinforce the strategies practised in the student book
- Teacher Assessments that teachers fill out after students have completed all 5 Pretests and then again after all 5 Post Tests
- A reproducible Class Performance Chart for recording class results for the Pretests and Post Tests
- Completed Answer Forms that teachers can use to easily correct the tests
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Foundation, Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6, Year 7, Year 8,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.