Basic Personal Counselling is an easy to read introduction to counselling that reflects current best practice. It teaches core interviewing skills and provides a framework of practical examples and training group exercises to enable students to progressively build a skill repertoire. The book is designed to prepare students for field placement and therefore has a strong vocational focus.
- Introduces counselling skills in a logical sequence and provides practical examples of the skills in action
- Discusses the process of change involved in counselling
- Provides approaches for counselling people with specific problems such as anger, depression, grief, suicidal ideation
- Discusses professional issues including: confidentiality, ethics, record keeping
- The book moves from foundation to advanced skills with an emphasis on an integrative model of counselling.
- Counselling tips are featured throughout the book and provide useful reminders as you work your way through each chapter. Key terms highlight concepts you need to know.
- See counselling skills in practice with examples of counsellor statements and responses.
- Develop your skills by working through the training group exercises at the end of Parts 1 – 5 with your instructor.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.