Part of the series Automotive Mechanics 8th Edition.
This market leading Automotive Mechanics text has been completely updated with new and revised content covering all the most relevant developments in the Australian automotive industry. Automotive Mechanics - 8th Edition covers principles, applications and general servicing requirements that relate to passenger and light commercial vehicles. With full-colour illustrations and photographs, this new edition provides thorough coverage of the most relevant developments in the Australian automotive industry. The two volumes of Automotive Mechanics encourage students' understanding by using practical explanations and design features such as safety tips, handy hints, review questions, technical terms and glossary. Automotive Mechanics addresses the requirements of the Automotive Industry Retail, Service and Repair Training Package (AUR12). A competency grid links the book's content to the Training Package's competencies to ensure teachers and students are meeting all necessary requirements.
View Competency Grid
Automotive Mechanics - Volume 1
- Completely Australian content mapped to the relevant competencies in the AUR12 training package. Click here to view the competency grid.
- Full-colour photos and illustrations
- Additional information on workshop safety, including handling hazardous materials, storage and emergency procedures
- New technology added to each chapter including direct injection LPG, 6-speed transmission and duel-clutch transmission
- Completely rewritten sections on engine management, fuel injection systems and ignition systems, including additional detail on oscilloscopes for diagnosis and testing.
- Updated information on environmental issues with legislative changes
- Connect Plus Automotive a web based assignment and assessment platform.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Introduction to motor vehicles
- 1 Motor vehicle components
- 2 Workshop safety
- 3 Workshop practices
- 4 Tools and their use
- 5 Measuring and checking
- 6 Friction and bearings
- 7 Seals, gaskets and sealants
- 8 The environment and the automotive service industry
- Part 2: Engines and engine systems
- 9 Engine fundamentals
- 10 Engine construction and components
- 11 Cooling system and service
- 12 Engine-lubricating systems
- 13 EFI fuel systems
- 14 Carburettor fuel systems
- 15 Gas fuel systems
- 16 Intake and exhaust systems
- Part 3: Manual transmissions and drives
- 17 Clutches
- 18 Clutch service
- 19 Manual transmission and transaxles
- 20 Manual transmission and transaxle service
- 21 Drive lines and shafts
- 22 Rear axles and final drives
- 23 Rear-axles and final-drive service
- Part 4: Running gear
- 24 Tyres, wheels and balance
- 25 Brakes
- 26 Brake service
- 27 Suspension systems
- 28 Suspension service
- 29 Steering systems
- 30 Steering-system service
- 31 Wheel alignment
- Part 5: Maintenance
- 32 Fuels, fluids and lubricants
- 33 Service and maintenance
- 34 Basic mechanics and diagnosis
- Part 6: Basics of the electrical system
- 35 Basic electrics
- 36 Effects and applications of electric currents
- 37 Basic electronics
- 38 The battery
- Appendix: The SI system of measurement
- Common abbreviations
Automotive Mechanics Companion Titles
Approach to Automotive
Approach to Automotive has been adapted for schools from the classic Automotive Mechanics by Ed May and Les Simpson. Incorporating up-to-date material from the completely revised eighth edition, it addresses the majority of the essential components of the VET schools program, as aligned with the National Training Package AUR05.
View Approach to Automotive
Diesel Engine Basics
Diesel Engine Basics is dedicated to the basics of diesel mechanics within an Australian context. This text provides a practical reference for instructors and students to utilise throughout not only their course but also their career.
View Diesel Engine Basics
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.