Part of the series Nelson Access to History.
The Access to History series is the most popular and trusted series for advanced level history students, offering:
- Authoritative, engaging and accessible content
- Comprehensive coverage of the new AS and A level specifications
- Design features, study guides and web support to help students achieve exam success
This new title covers the history of post-war Germany, from its division into east and west in 1949 to its reunification in 1990 and the immediate consequences. The book examines major questions such as:
- Why was Germany divided in 1949?
- To what extent did the FRG and GDR become models of their respective ideological systems?
- Why was there an easing of relations between the two Germanys?
- To what extent was the GDR a totalitarian state?
- Was reunification inevitable and to what extent has it been successful?
Throughout the book, key dates, terms and issues are highlighted, and historical interpretations of key debates are outlined. Summary diagrams are included to consolidate knowledge and understanding of the period, and exam-style questions and tips written by examiners provide the opportunity to develop exam skills.
- Introduction Germany 1945-91
- Chapter 1 Defeated Germany to Divided Germany 1945-1949
- Chapter 2 The contrasting Economic and Political Development of West Germany and East Germany, 1950-70
- Chapter 3 Developments in West Germany 1969 -89
- Chapter 4 Developments in East Germany under Honecker, 1971-1989
- Chapter 5 The reuniting of Germany 1989-1990
- Postscript A reunited Germany dealing with its past and its future
- Relevant content specific to the 2008 AS and A Level specifications.
- In-depth coverage of the period presented in an accessible way.
- Exam-style questions and tips written by examiners offer support with assessment.
- Summary diagrams throughout aid with revision of the key topics and themes.
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 11, Year 12,|
|Author(s)||Angela Leonard, Nigel Bushnell|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.