Part of the series Nelson Access to History.
The second edition of Access to History: Appeasement and the Road to War has been revised and updated to reflect the needs of the current specifications. The title concentrates on the origins of the Second World War in Europe and Hitler's central role in those events. Appeasement and the historical debate surrounding the policies adopted by Baldwin and Chamberlain are examined through accessible narrative and up-to-date research. By adopting a chronological approach, the author highlights clearly how events unfolded and interacted with each other to lead to the most destructive war in human history.
Throughout the book key dates, terms and issues are highlighted, and historical interpretations of key debates are outlined. Summary diagrams are included to consolidate knowledge and understanding of the period, and exam style questions and tips for each examination board provide the opportunity to develop exam skills.
- Redesigned to allow greater accessibility to a wide range of AS and A2 students.
- More support with assessment and exam skills.
- New features such as definitions, summaries and exam tips to aid learning.
- Chapter 1: HITLER CHALLENGES THE VERSAILLES SETTLEMENT 1933-36
- Chapter 2: THE DIPLOMATIC REVOLUTION: HITLER AND MUSSOLINI
- Chapter 3: HITLER CHANGES GEAR 1937-8
- Chapter 4: APPEASEMENT
- Chapter 5: THE OUTBREAK OF WAR
- Chapter 6: WAR
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 11, Year 12,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.