Part of the series Oxford University Press - Teacher Education.
Academic Literacy for Education Students is an accessible textbook which teaches reading and writing skills, particularly within the academic environment. The book will equip students to use a range of linguistic practices that they will need for their education studies, with a view to entering the teaching profession. Rather than studying skills separately and in isolation, they will understand the relevance of literacy practices and develop a variety of communicative practices, including different text types, genres and disciplines.
- Considering the role of language in learning and teaching
- Identifying text types and genres in academic writing
- Linking personal and academic literacies with disciplinary discourse
- Applying skills and strategies to be read efficiently
- Developing an academic vocabulary to communicate effectively
- Recognising discourse markers that signal text functions
- Translating information visually
- Engaging in the academic writing process
- Contesting academic issues through argumentation
- Adopting new perspectives through research
- Referencing and documenting sources
- Creating a professional image through document design
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.