Part of the series When I Was Young.
Macmillan Curriculum Resource Packs are stimulating packs that assist students' development of information literacy skills, and conceptual understanding about the topic being covered. With content aligned to the Australian Curriculum: History, the resources can be used flexibly in the library or classroom for topic-based inquiry work, or in literacy lessons.
Curriculum Resource Pack Features
- Activities cross-link the print and digital resources
- Digital versions of each book provide inbuilt interactivity using Adobe tools
- Teaching support includes photocopiable worksheets, suggested websites for further research, graphic organisers, self-assessment rubics and more.
When I Was Young - Buying Options
When I Was Young highlights, for young students, changes in daily life from past to present.
- Topic Books: includes 5 of the same Topic Book in a pack (see below for more information on each Topic)
- Cooking and Eating
- Getting Around
- Going to School
- When I Was Young Pack: includes 1 copy of each of the 6 Topic Books, 1 x Digital Pack and 1 x Teaching Guide
- When I Was Young Multi-Pack: includes 6 x 6 Topic Books (36 books), 1 x Digital Pack and 1 x Teaching Guide
When I Was Young Pack
- Topic Books – 1 x 6 paperback titles
- Fully networkable CD with digital copies of the topic books and teaching support in PDF format
- Teaching Guide
When I Was Young Multi-Pack
- Topic Books – 6x 6 Titles
- Fully networkable CD with digital copies of the topic books + teaching support in PDF format
- Teaching Guide.
These topic books make history real for young students. By reading personal accounts from grandparents and seeing things used in their grandparents' day, the changes in daily life from past to present, come to life.
Cooking and Eating
This pack of five non-fiction, high-interest paperback books will assist students’ development of information literacy skills, and conceptual understandings about how their grandparents cooked and ate.
- Cooking and eating
- Storing food
- Preparing and cooking food
- Serving food
- Afternoon tea
- Celebration food
- Changes to cooking and eating
- Mystery from the past
|Product Type||Readers & Literacy,|
|Year Level||Year 1, Year 2, Year 3,|
|Author(s)||Kimberley Webber, Helen Whitty, Powerhouse Museum|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.