Part of the series The Games: Destination Rio.
The Games: Destination Rio is a three-book series which teaches content from all learning areas of the Australian Curriculum through the Olympic Games theme.
Each book contains 23 units which cover information about:
- The history of the Olympic Games
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games
- Physical and cultural features of South America, Brazil and Rio de Janeiro
- Organisation of sports and the importance of sportsmanship
- The nations involved in the Olympic Games
- How the Olympic Games are followed around the world.
Each unit contains curriculum-focused worksheets; four introductory activities to develop prior knowledge; and cross-curricular activities, including hands-on activities, writing tasks, design tasks and research-based activities. Background information, including additional websites and texts, have been provided to assist oral discussions and activities throughout each unit.
- Focuses on Australian Curriculum outcomes
- English links for all units
- Background information
- Suggested websites and texts for further information
- Introductory activities to develop prior knowledge
- Cross-curricular worksheets
- Extracurricular activities
- Competition schedule
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Foundation, Year 1, Year 2,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.