Part of the series Text Types for Primary Schools.
Text Types for Primary Schools is an engaging and innovative series, designed to assist students to write in a variety of text types according to their needs and purposes. The books provide relevant and challenging writing models that reflect the aims of all current state curriculum documents.
- Provide relevant and challenging writing models in a range of factual and literacy text types and forms
- 'Your Turn' pages encourage students to use the writing model to construct their own written texts
- Provide teachers with support for planning and include scope-and-sequence charts and student writing profiles
- Highlight text structure and relevant language features
Units of Work
Specific text types have been re-organised from simplest to hardest text types under the two main headings: Factual and Literary Texts. Text Types for Primary Schools - Year 4 is divided into 26 units of work, and each unit focuses on a specific text type. Each unit consists of two pages and includes the following features:
- a model of a particular text type
- a corresponding page for students to practise this text type in context
- additional ideas and activities to extend students' knowledge of the different text types
- scope and sequence chart
- progress chart to keep track of the student's work
- student self-assessment page
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 4,|
|Author(s)||Peter Durkin, Virginia Ferguson and Heather Sperring|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.