Written by an experienced primary science educator and Australian Curriculum: Science writer, this resource empowers teachers to make informed decisions about the teaching of science to their students. It highlights and explains the key conceptual learning that underpins the content of the Australian Curriculum, unpacking the Science Understanding content descriptions and suggesting what the teaching of these could look like in a primary classroom. The book is designed to inform teachers not just what to teach, but why these key concepts are important, what prior and future learning should be considered and what difficulties and misconceptions students in their classes are likely to have.
- Develops an overview of each year showing the learning progression and links to prior and future learning
- Unpacks and identifies the key learning in Science Understanding at each year level (Years 3 – 6 inclusive)
- Articulates misconceptions students may possess
- Identifies possible inquiry questions and suggests a range of activities that could be considered
- Identifies key vocabulary
- Suggests how to gather evidence related to AC Achievement Standards
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 3, Year 4, Year 5, Year 6,|
|Author(s)||Rachel Sheffield, Geoff Quinton|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.