Part of the series Teaching Comprehension Strategies.
Teaching metacognitive strategies is a contemporary blackline master series that methodically and creatively teaches students the skills and strategies needed for effective comprehension.
These strategies have been defined as:
- understanding words;
- finding information;
- identifying the main idea;
- cause and effect;
- fact or opinion; and
- point of view.
- original and varied texts, customised to suit the strategy being highlighted
- skills and strategies specifically taught using explicitly modelled as well as supported examples and activities
- a student ‘test’ page, where students apply the particular strategy being taught - suitable for assessment purposes
- background notes and information for each strategy, to assist the teacher and to give the activities the widest possible application
- answers where necessary
- A high-interest series that doesn’t just talk about comprehension, it teaches it!
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.