Part of the series Targeting Handwriting WA - Student Books.
Handwriting is one of the most crucial skills students will develop in primary school. Targeting Handwriting covers the handwriting curriculum in a clear and structured way, with content linked to Western Australian Strand Outcome Statements.
To be competent writers, students' handwriting needs to be fluent and legible. The teaching of handwriting is an essential part of the writing curriculum. Regular practice, three to four times a week, in fine motor skills and in letter formation will ensure the development of good handwriting habits.
Also available, Targeting Handwriting WA Teacher Resource Books:Go to Targeting Handwriting WA Teacher Resource Books
The Targeting Handwriting Year 2 Student Book focuses on lower-and upper-case letters, letters in words and sentences, numerals and punctuation.
Features of the book include:
- patterning exercises are included to refresh students' memories
- an assessment page is featured at the end of each section
- two pages of tracing, tracking and independent writing exercises for each letter
- the seahorse character is featured on some sets of lines only as the handwriting scaffolding is slowly removed
- alternative formation is offered for some upper-case letters to assist left-handed students
- students trace and copy words that have a common phonic element or are commonly found in Year 2 spelling lists
- students trace and copy sentences containing the focus letter
- self-assessment exercises are included
View Sample Pages
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 2,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.