Part of the series Targeting Handwriting WA - Student Books.
Handwriting is one of the most crucial skills students will develop in primary school. Targeting Handwriting covers the handwriting curriculum in a clear and structured way, with content linked to Western Australian Strand Outcome Statements.
To be competent writers, students' handwriting needs to be fluent and legible. The teaching of handwriting is an essential part of the writing curriculum. Regular practice, three to four times a week, in fine motor skills and in letter formation will ensure the development of good handwriting habits.
Also available, Targeting Handwriting WA Teacher Resource Books:Go to Targeting Handwriting WA Teacher Resource Books
These fun and inviting books have well-designed, uncluttered pages for the beginner writer. Other features of the Targeting Handwriting WA Pre-Primary Student Book include:
- plenty of pre-writing patterning exercises to help practise the basic movements required in letter formation and development of fine motor skills
- each letter has two pages of tracing and tracking exercises with an attractive seahorse character to introduce the positioning of letters within lines
- the letters are also cleverly featured within illustrations as a memory aid for students
- a seahorse character demonstrates the positioning of letters within lines, the number of strokes required for each letter is highlighted and the focus letter is also featured within
- a simple illustration as a memory aid for students
- a handy student reference for pencil grip and paper position is included
- a fun and colourful alphabet is included
View Sample Pages
|Product Type||Student Books,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.