Part of the series Targeting Grammar.
The Targeting Grammar series presents detailed knowledge of the grammar of English and its application in spoken and written language. Each of the Teaching Guides contain eight sections with comprehensive teaching materials for nouns, verbs, adjectives, pronouns, adverbs, prepositions and phrases, and sentences. In a busy modern world, language, in all its technical and creative brilliance, is often outshone by the very audio-visual world of the multimedia. Many of our children are stepping into a world of virtual reality, which only requires their passive acquiscence. As teachers in this modern world, we have to equip our young people with the skills they need to communicate easily and successfully. It is not enough to get by with an oral vernacular and text message shorthand. Employers require workers who can speak eloquently and confidently. They need workers who can write in succinct and precise ways using correct grammar and spelling. Without the facility of using language to express themselves orally and in the written form, people can become excluded and powerless in many areas of business and society. These books set forth a metalanguage, which both teacher and students can use to examine and explore language, leading to deeper understandings and improved technique. The sections provide teaching information and background notes on each grammar concept, as well as:
- Suggestions for ways to introduce specific grammar concepts to students.
- Exploring ideas to build understanding.
- Photocopiable work sheets designed to develop the technical aspects of grammar and its application.
- Assessment pages with allocated marks to allow teachers to evaluate, analyse and pinpoint area of individual and class need. Marking grids to record these results are provided in the front of each book.
The back section of each book also provides the following additional support material:
- Games to develop the meta-language students need to use and understand grammar. They’re fun too!
- Task cards to be copied and laminated for use in literacy centres or by students who require further practice.
- Word banks – useful lists of antonyms, collective nouns, homophones and many more.
- Answers for all work sheets, assessment pages and task cards.
View Sample Pages
Click on the images below to view sample pages.
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Foundation, Year 1, Year 2,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.