Spelling Conventions - Second Edition
Spelling Conventions Second Edition is a new multi-pronged curriculum based initiative in the teaching of spelling.
Spelling Conventions is written by experienced Australian teachers to address the demands of the Australian Curriculum. The series provides an expansive phonics component from Foundation to Year 6. In addition to this, the books have a specific aim to teach high frequency words, which are the everyday high use words that make up most of written and spoken English. Also provided are basic word lists and difficult word lists for more able students.
This engaging series is great for teaching different ability groups in your class.
Key Features of the Series
- Curriculum required phonics
- High-frequency words reflecting most of a child's written language built into each unit
- Addresses new Australian Curriculum content descriptors
- Basic lists incorporating words from key learning areas
- Focuses on building strong spelling skills including visual, morphemic, phonological and etymological
- Engaging spelling activities which are very popular with children
- A beautiful full-colour design
- NAPLAN style questioning
- Pull-out answers Years 2 to 6