50 Spelling Activities
This blackline master book series contains a variety of activities which can be used with any spelling list - be it from a textbook or a spelling journal. The series is available in two age levels - Ages 5-8 and 8-12.
- the activities are designed to provide opportunities for children to practise their words, look at them and use them in a variety of ways to develop understanding and recall the activities
- can be copied onto coloured or plain card and laminated for protection
- they can be placed in a central location for students to access during planned spelling sessions or whenever they wish
- the benefit of this system is that students can, to some extent, choose the activities they wish to use to develop their understanding of their spelling list
- the book also contains a Spelling Activity Checklist for students to record which activities they have used to consolidate each spelling list
- a Have-a-Go blackline master is also provided to encourage students to attempt to spell unfamiliar words before seeking help, thus encouraging a more independent style of learning