Part of the series Senior Forensic Chemistry.
Senior Forensic Chemistry has been developed for the teaching of forensic chemistry, and to provide a forensic context for teaching applications of basic analytical chemistry concepts.
Senior Forensic Chemistry Book 2 extends on the concepts introduced in Book 1 - the use of chemical analysis to examine items and materials gathered from a crime scene, suspect or victim, with the aim of providing information to assist criminal investigations. Some units are self contained, while others involve practical experiments and exercises.
- Experiment: paper chromatography
- Polar and non-polar molecules
- Thin layer chromatography (TLC)
- Exercise: identifying some common drugs using TLC
- Exercise: using column chromatography to solve a crime
- Mass spectroscopy (MS)
- Exercise: drug analysis
- Alcohols, carboxylic acids and esters
- Identifying organic compounds
- DNA profiling in forensics
- Electrophoresis in forensics
- Exercise: using DNA profiling to identify disasters victims
View Sample Pages
Click on the images below to view sample pages for this title.
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 11, Year 12,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.