Oxford Big Ideas History - Australian Curriculum: Year 7 - Teacher Kit + obook/assess (Print & Digital)
Part of the series Oxford Big Ideas History Australian Curriculum - Year 7.
The exciting Oxford Big Ideas History series will motivate and engage students. Its wide range of activities and sources will allow students to be successful in the history classroom and support their independent study.
Oxford Big Ideas History:
- promotes deep learning of historical knowledge, understanding and skills while supporting multiple learning styles
- sorts content into meaningful inquiry-based big questions, and is written specifically for the appropriate reading level
- organises learning around the big ideas of history and revisits these ideas with increasing complexity
- features structured inquiry sequences to enable students to monitor their own progress
- is highly illustrated to help visual learners engage with historical inquiry
- is supported by a workbook, obook and teacher kit to offer the complete teaching package at each year level
- offers innovative digital resources, including an interactive obook with Oxford’s new Virtual Site Studies that bring history to life
Teacher Kit + obook/assess
Each Teacher Kit includes all pages from the student book scaffolded with wraparound notes on teaching strategies, lesson planning tips, assessment advice and suggested answers—everything you need to seamlessly integrate Oxford Australian Curriculum resources into your teaching program. The Teacher Kit:
- includes pages from the student textbook with wraparound teaching notes
- outlines Australian curriculum grids and curriculum links covered by activities and sections of the student textbook
- contains a wealth of practical teaching ideas, strategies and activities directly related to content in the student book and designed to enhance learning in the classroom
- includes answers and suggested responses to all activities in the student textbook and workbook
- links to obook interactives, videos and relevant weblinks
- includes access to the student obook and interactive workbook
About the Authors
Maggy Saldais has been actively involved in a range of successful education publishing programs over the last 10 years.
Associate Professor Tony Taylor has played a pivotal role in the shaping of history education in Australia. In 1999 he was appointed Director of the Australian Government’s National Inquiry into the Teaching and Learning of History and, from 2001–2006, he was Director of the Australian Government’s National Centre for History Education. Recently, Tony has been involved in the development of the Australian Curriculum for History.
Dr Carmel Young is a History consultant with Oxford and has taught History Curriculum and Methods at the University of Sydney. With Tony Taylor, she wrote History: A guide to the teaching and learning of history in Australian schools.
Clare Ridgway-Faye is a teacher of English, Humanities and Classical Studies, currently at Princes Hill Secondary College. She has worked at school level and with Oxford University Press on developing English and History curriculum resources for the Australian Curriculum.
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 7,|
|Author(s)||Maggy Saldais, Tony Taylor, Carmel Young and Clare Ridgway-Faye.|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.