Oxford Big Ideas Geography - Australian Curriculum Edition: Year 8 - Student book + obook/assess (Print & Digital)
Part of the series Oxford Big Ideas Geography - Year 8.
Oxford Big Ideas Geography explicitly integrates content and skills from both strands of Australian Curriculum Geography:
- Geographical Knowledge and Understanding.
- Geographical Inquiry and Skills.
Provides comprehensive coverage of ‘Concepts for geographical understanding’ – concepts are clearly explained and supported with worked examples, then revisited with increasing complexity throughout each chapter to reinforce student understanding. Organises learning around meaningful inquiry-based questions, or big ideas, that are closely mapped to the content of the Australian Curriculum: Geography.
The obook is a cloud-based web-book available anywhere, anytime, on any device, navigated by topic or by ‘page view’. Assess is an indispensable online assessment tool, explicitly mapped to the Australian Curriculum that drives student progress through tailored instruction. As well as containing the student text and study tools, this obook offers virtual case studies including interactive maps, videos and other interactives.
- Content tailored to the needs of your classroom—each unit is enhanced by a range of engaging learning resources (such as stunning artwork, maps and differentiated tasks) designed to ensure full coverage of the syllabus within the allocated class time.
- Purpose-written content and learning resources cater to a wide range of student abilities and learning styles.
Digital Components The obook is Oxford’s next generation ebook. Each obook offers online and offline access to the complete range of content at each year level. All obook content is:
- Presented in a web-style environment suitable for any screen size or device
- Contains a range of purpose-built interactive resources, links to video, audio and supporting websites
- Allows students to take notes, highlight, save and export their work
- Provides access to the complete Australian Concise Oxford Dictionary in addition to a subject-specific Geography glossary.
THE GEOGRAPHER’S TOOLKIT – CONCEPTS AND SKILLS
UNIT 1 LANDFORMS AND LANDSCAPES
Chapter 1 Landforms and landscapes
- 1.1 What are landscapes?
- 1.2 What are landforms?
Chapter 2 Mountain landscapes
- 2.1 What forces shape mountain landscapes?
- 2.2 How are mountain landscapes used and managed?
- 2.3 Are mountain landscapes hazardous places?
Chapter 3 Coastal landscapes
- 3.1 What forces shape coastal landscapes?
- 3.2 How are coastal landscapes used and managed?
- 3.3 Are coastal landscapes hazardous places?
UNIT 2 CHANGING NATIONS
Chapter 4 Life in different cities
- 4.1 Why do people live in cities?
- 4.2 Where do people in different countries live?
- 4.3 How can we plan for Australia’s urban future?
Chapter 5 Migration
- 5.1 Why do people move?
- 5.2 What are the impacts of migration?
- 5.3 How has international migration changed Australia?
|Publisher||Oxford University Press|
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 8,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.