Part of the series Numeracy for Work.
The Numeracy for Work series provides photocopiable work sheets that help reinforce essential skills to do with numbers and basic mathematics. The work sheets are suitable for students in Years 7–10 and will also support less able students in higher year levels. The photocopiable work sheets are also included as a PDF on the attached CD-ROM, making them ideal resources for use on interactive whiteboards.
In this second series (Level 2) of Numeracy for Work we return to the three workplaces – a supermarket, hotel and factory – to set real and relevant numeracy tasks.
Measurement, Shape and Space
The activities in this title include comparing the price of goods and shipment times from international suppliers, calculating cooking times for different weights of meat, and redesigning a hotel garden and car park area. Students’ knowledge of each workplace and confidence with measurement, shape and space will grow as they progress through each work sheet. Tasks include:
- Record and calculate time
- Convert metric and imperial measurements
- Read temperatures and convert temperatures between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- Calculate area and volume Use formula to find perimeter
- Work out dimensions from scale drawings
- Calculate the costs of goods and services
- Solve problems using 2D shapes
- Read, estimate and measure distance
View Sample Pages
- Supplementary classroom lessons
- Homework activities
- Reinforcement of learning
- Extension work for advanced students
- Preparation for assessment
- Exam revision
- Creative teaching ideas
- Developing greater student interest and understanding
- A fresh approach to a topic
- A way to target student weaknesses
- Suitable for individual or group work
- A variety of activities for home study
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10,|
|Author(s)||Jayne Garner and Joy Collins|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.