Part of the series Numeracy for Work.
The Numeracy for Work series provides photocopiable work sheets that help reinforce essential skills to do with numbers and basic mathematics. The work sheets are suitable for students in Years 7–10 and will also support less able students in higher year levels. The photocopiable work sheets are also included as a PDF on the attached CD-ROM, making them ideal resources for use on interactive whiteboards.
In this second series (Level 2) of Numeracy for Work we return to the three workplaces – a supermarket, hotel and factory – to set real and relevant numeracy tasks.
The activities in this title, Handling data 2, include ordering office supplies, processing wages, interpreting data regarding employee history and products sales, and surveying the spending habits of customers. Students’ knowledge of each workplace and confidence with handling data will grow as they progress through each work sheet. The activities are ideal for less able students in higher year levels, and also suitable for students in Years 7–10. Tasks include:
- Recognise the difference between discrete and continuous data
- Use a scale and understand that scale can skew data
- Understand the terms mean, median, mode and range and know how to calculate them
- Work out the probability of an event
- Extract and interpret information in line graphs, bar charts, pie charts, tables, lists, maps and diagrams
- Present data in a table
- Construct line graphs, bar charts and pie charts
- Collect data, carry out surveys and present findings
View Sample Pages
- Supplementary classroom lessons
- Homework activities
- Reinforcement of learning
- Extension work for advanced students
- Preparation for assessment
- Exam revision
- Creative teaching ideas
- Developing greater student interest and understanding
- A fresh approach to a topic
- A way to target student weaknesses
- Suitable for individual or group work
- A variety of activities for home study
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10,|
|Author(s)||Jayne Garner and Joy Collins|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.