Part of the series Numeracy for Work.
The Numeracy for Work series provides photocopiable work sheets that help reinforce essential skills to do with numbers and basic mathematics. The work sheets are suitable for students in Years 7–10 and will also support less able students in higher year levels. The photocopiable work sheets are also included as a PDF on the attached CD-ROM, making them ideal resources for use on interactive whiteboards.
The Level 1 series assists students to develop numeracy skills suited to everyday activities and also provides insight into the type of maths used on the factory floor, in a supermarket and in a hotel.
Students learn numeral recognition for numbers up to 10, how to write numbers as words, counting forwards students will practise ordering numbers, multiplication, ratio and percentages as they total bills, check invoices, calculate discounts and convert volumes and weights to different metric units. Tasks include:
- Understanding place value to seven figures
- Reading positive and negative numbers
- Multiplying using efficient methods
- Understanding ratio and direct proportion
- Rounding numbers to check invoices -
- Recognising equivalent fractions
- Calculating wages
- Calculating price adjustments
- Calculating hotel cancellation charges
- Converting volumes and weights to different metric units
View Sample Pages
- Supplementary classroom lessons
- Homework activities
- Reinforcement of learning
- Extension work for advanced students
- Preparation for assessment
- Exam revision
- Creative teaching ideas
- Developing greater student interest and understanding
- A fresh approach to a topic
- A way to target student weaknesses
- Suitable for individual or group work
- A variety of activities for home study
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 7, Year 8, Year 9, Year 10,|
|Author(s)||Jayne Garner and Joy Collins|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.