Part of the series Middle Years Developing Numeracy - Calculations.
Explore number operations and the relationships between them using mental, written and calculator methods, and investigate strategies for checking results. 64 pages of maths activities featuring real-life and theoretical contexts; with each task carefully graded, and the level of difficulty progressing from Book 2 to Book 3. Includes teacher's notes, and answers for time-efficient marking. Suitable for Middle Years 5-8.
Book 3 Topics
- Understanding Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division
- Multiplying and Dividing Numbers by Numbers less than 1
- Using Inequalities
- Recognising and Using Reciprocals
- Using the Order of Operations Including Brackets
- Using Known Facts to Derive Unknown Facts
- Working with Factors Powers and Roots
- Using a Calculator Efficiently
- Extending Mental Methods of Calculation
- Synthesising Information in Graphical Form
- Presenting Reasonable Arguments making Conjectures and Generalisations
- Interpreting Calculator Displays in Different Contexts
- Checking Results using Appropriate Methods.
Uses and Benefits of the Books
- Supplementary classroom lessons
- Homework activities
- Reinforcement of learning
- Extension work for advanced students
- Preparation for assessment
- Exam revision Teaching Benefits
- Creative teaching ideas
- Developing greater student interest and understanding
- A fresh approach to a topic or lesson
- A way of targeting student weaknesses
- Suitable for individual or group work
- A variety of activities for home study
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 5, Year 6, Year 7, Year 8,|
|Author(s)||Hilary Koll and Steve Mills|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.