Part of the series Maximising Test Results - Preparing for NAPLAN*.
The Maximising Test Results Preparing for NAPLAN* series provides teachers and parents with the opportunity to help Year 8 students improve their literacy skills in readiness for the Year 9 national tests.
This book provides teachers with 16 original texts covering the three focus areas: narrative, informative and persuasive. Including newspaper and magazine articles, autobiography, novel extracts, letters, Internet blogs and forums, and essays. Each text is accompanied by sample questions – annotated with tips to assist students to fully understand the test format and question requirements. The attached CD-ROM includes: a PDF version of this complete title (ideal for use on the IWB), a bonus full test paper, and helpful tips for students when answering multiple choice questions.
View Sample Pages
The books in this series offers a collection of fresh and versatile work sheet activities that may be photocopied for student use. They are unique in providing the highest learning outcomes with instant usability.
- Helps students to familiarise themselves with the multiple-choice formats
- Thorough revision of key spelling, grammar, punctuation and writing skills
- For homework, revision, extension or to supplement a lesson
- For when a regular teacher is absent from the classroom
Teaching Benefits and Features
- Great short-cut ideas and useful suggestions to help students answer questions
- A quick way to target student weaknesses
- Annotated pages include definitions and theory to reinforce key literacy skills
- Answers are provided to assist with time-efficient preparation and marking
*This is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN program and is produced by Blake Education independently of Australian Governments.
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 8,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.