Part of the series Maximising Test Results - NAPLAN*-Style Literacy.
These books focus on teaching and consolidating the skills required to complete the Reading, Language Conventions and Writing components of the annual national literacy test program called NAPLAN*. The activities are designed to help develop and refine skills in reading comprehension, general literacy, text analysis, logic and problem solving, and the higher order abstract reasoning that has become a feature of the official test papers. All answers are provided, along with expert advice and generous hints from specialist English teachers. The annotated practice questions contain the following helpful teaching features:
- HINTS – explain what the question is really asking students to do.
- TRICKS – offer shortcuts to use in determining the correct answer.
- TRAPS – highlight the red herrings among the answer options presented.
- THINGS TO KNOW – outline key facts, definitions and techniques students need to learn before sitting tests.
These books also includes one complete Test Paper. With eight original texts from a variety of genres and test questions for each one, this sample test paper will help prepare your students for the NAPLAN* tests. All answers are provided.
View Sample Pages
Language Conventions and Writing
Each book is a collection of fresh and versatile work sheet activities that may be photocopied for student use. They are unique in providing the highest learning outcomes with instant usability.
- Helps students to familiarise themselves with the multiple-choice formats
- Thorough revision of key spelling, grammar, punctuation and writing skills
- For homework, revision, extension or to supplement a lesson
- For when a regular teacher is absent from the classroom
Teaching Benefits and Features
- Great short-cut ideas and useful suggestions to help students answer questions
- A quick way to target student weaknesses
- Annotated pages include defi nitions and theory to reinforce key literacy skills
- Answers are provided to assist with time-effi cient preparation and marking
*This is not an officially endorsed publication of the NAPLAN program and is produced by Blake Education independently of Australian Governments.
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 9,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.