Part of the series Macmillan History 8.
Take an inquiry approach. Macmillan History makes history engaging and stimulating, while covering all requirements of the Curriculum. Developing a new benchmark for the Australian Curriculum, content is written in an engaging style and supported by stimulating sources, problem-based exercises and innovative digital resources.
- Sources are specifically selected for their educational value
- Questions will assist students to acquire the right skills and knowledge.
Students will gain a deep appreciation of facts and opinions, the significance of history to human experience and an understanding of people, events and culture as they move through the series.
Macmillan History 8: The Ancient World to the Modern World - Print & Digital
Macmillan History 8 builds historical knowledge and understanding within an inquiry framework that develops skills in innovative and exciting ways.
- Activities to assist comprehension of key topics and concepts
- Questions requiring analytical skills
- Activities enabling students to explore pre-existing understandings
- Tasks ensuring students apply key concepts and historical skills in a variety of ways.
Digital support Available on any device, on any platform, at any time Macmillan History 8 is supported by a wide spectrum of digital activities and resources. The student book comes with fifteen months access to an interactive eBook version of the text plus powerful digital support. This amazing support includes
- Virtual site studies
- Online tests
- A markbook to enhance learning
- Google Earth paths and 'flyovers'
- Interactive games
- Augmented reality
- 3D reconstructions
- Ch 1 - An overview of the Ancient to the Modern World
- The Western and Islamic Worlds
- Ch 2 - The Vikings (c. 790-c.1066 ce)
- Ch 3 - Medieval Europe (c. 590-c.1500 ce)
- Ch 4 - The Ottomans (c. 1299-c.1683 ce)
- Ch 5 - Renaissance Italy (c. 1400-c.1600 ce)
- The Asia-Pacific World
- Ch 6 - The Khmer Empire (c. 802-c.1431 ce)
- Ch 7 - Japan under the Shoguns (c. 794-c.1867 ce)
- Ch 8 - Polynesian expansion across the Pacific (c. 700-c.1756 ce)
- Expanding Contacts
- Ch 9 - Mongol expansion (c. 1206-c.1368 ce)
- Ch 10 - The Black Death in Asia, Europe and Africa (14th century)
- Ch 11 - The Spanish conquest of the Americas (c. 1492-c.1572 ce)
View Sample Pages
Also Available in the 'Macmillan History' Series
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 8,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.