Part of the series Language for Writing.
Language for Writing is a comprehensive writing program for students who need a highly structured approach to learn to write well. The program teaches the conventions students require to write clearly - the vocabulary needed to describe actions, events and objects, and the sentence structures necessary to put ideas into writing. Ongoing exercises support the development of specific writing skills by showing your students how to:
- Write narratives
- Use specific words
- Make precise comparisons
- Summarise and retell
- Proofread for punctuation, grammar and usage
- Direct Instruction (DI)/Explicit Instruction for Years 2 to 5
Scope and Sequence
- Explicit, straightforward lesson plans make it easy to teach important language and writing concepts
- Small steps and appropriate scaffolding help students become comfortable with the demands of writing
- Carefully sequenced lessons allow students to move seamlessly from activity to activity and develop better writing
- Program assessments occur every 10 lessons, giving teachers information about students' mastery of content and assist in helping those who need extra practice
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 2, Year 3, Year 4, Year 5,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.