Part of the series High-Performance Writing - Beginning Writing (Grades 1-2).
High-Performance Writing is a comprehensive resource designed to teach students how to improve their writing standards, incorporating a strong focus on the key traits of effective writing. Using the Direct Instruction method, High-Performance Writing addresses the writing-instruction needs of all your students, including special education and English as a Second Language students. Detailed lesson plans include research-based instructional practices and provide:
- Precise scoring rubrics to aid in objectively assessing writing
- Practice in writing-on-demand to prepare students for testing situations
- Direct Instruction (DI)/Explicit Instruction
- Genre/Text Types
- Straightforward lessons provide the foundations students need to internalise the writing process and emerge as independent writers
- Writing and revision strategies help students incorporate six traits of effective writing
- Unit topics address the main writing genres
- Each level offers a choice of six units focused on different forms of writing
- A three-step instructional model develops process-based writing skills
- Grammar, language use and mechanics are woven throughout to improve the quality of writing
- Ideal for NAPLAN™ testing preparation
Components for Beginning Writing (Years 1-2)
Complete package includes:
- 1 Writer's Guide
- 1 Program Guide
- 6 Writing Units:
- Practical Writing
- Descriptive Writing
- Narrative Writing
- Persuasive Writing
- Expository Writing
- Report Writing
- Writing Units - Contains placement tests, daily lessons and a Blackline Master for activities that help students develop their ideas, organisation and voice.
- Writer’s Guide - Provides efficient review and practice of mechanics, grammar and usage, and suggestions for using technology for proofreading and publishing.
- Program Guide - A handy reference with assessment tools, writing samples and a bibliography of children’s literature to use as models.
|Product Type||Teacher Resources,|
|Year Level||Year 1, Year 2,|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.