Part of the series Heroes of Australian Science.
This powerful series presents a selection of Australians whose work has contributed to furthering scientific knowledge, ideas and understandings and who consequently, have played a part in influencing and changing the ways we live. Each scientist has played a part in influencing and changing the ways we live.
- a profile of each scientist, outlining key achievements, awards and life facts
- 'Science jargon' - on-page vocabulary support
- Timeline - an overview of the major discoveries and contributions of the scientific field
Plant and Animal Conservation
This book presents a selection of scientists whose work in plant and animal conservation has contributed to our understandings of native and introduced species, and how plants and animals are affected by human activity. The scientists we meet are:
- Christopher Dickman - protecting native mammals
- Terence Hughes - caring for coral reefs
- Rick Shine - studying snakes and controlling cane toads
- Judy West - saving native plants.
|Product Type||Readers & Literacy,|
|Year Level||Year 5, Year 6,|
|Author(s)||Astrid Judge and Jane Fitzpatrick|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.