Part of the series Heroes of Australian Science.
This powerful series presents a selection of Australians whose work has contributed to furthering scientific knowledge, ideas and understandings and who consequently, have played a part in influencing and changing the ways we live. Each scientist has played a part in influencing and changing the ways we live.
- a profile of each scientist, outlining key achievements, awards and life facts
- 'Science jargon' - on-page vocabulary support
- Timeline - an overview of the major discoveries and contributions of the scientific field
Health and Medicine
This book presents a selection of scientists whose work in health and medicine has contributed to our understanding of human health, and preventing and treating disease. The scientists we meet are:
- Elizabeth Blackburn - understanding the secret life of cells
- Suzanne Cory - breakthroughs in cancer research
- Michael Good - creating a vaccine for malaria
- Barry Marshall - treatment for stomach ulcers
|Product Type||Readers & Literacy,|
|Year Level||Year 5, Year 6,|
|Author(s)||Astrid Judge and Jane Fitzpatrick|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.