Part of the series Heroes of Australian Science.
This powerful series presents a selection of Australians whose work has contributed to furthering scientific knowledge, ideas and understandings and who consequently, have played a part in influencing and changing the ways we live. Each scientist has played a part in influencing and changing the ways we live.
- a profile of each scientist, outlining key achievements, awards and life facts
- 'Science jargon' - on-page vocabulary support
- Timeline - an overview of the major discoveries and contributions of the scientific field
This book presents a selection of scientists whose work in environmental protection has contributed to our understandings of the living and non-living things that make up the environment, and issues that affect environmental sustainability. The scientists we meet are:
- Kath Bowmer - caring for waterways
- David Lindenmayer - conserving environments for native animals
- John Church - sounding the alarm on rising sea levels
- Tim Flannery - fighting for action on climate change.
|Product Type||Readers & Literacy,|
|Year Level||Year 5, Year 6,|
|Author(s)||Astrid Judge and Jane Fitzpatrick|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.