Part of the series GeoWorld 9.
A world of learning about people, places and environments! Specifically written for the Australian Curriculum: Geography by some of Australia’s leading authors, GeoWorld offers a fresh approach to study and will equip students with geographical skills and general capabilities that can be applied in daily life and at work.
This energetic text focuses on 7 key concepts stipulated in the curriculum: place, space, environment, interconnection, sustainability, scale and change. Inquiry-based activities assist students develop an appreciation of different perspectives in geographical knowledge, an understanding of ethical research principles, experience in teamwork, and critical and creative thinking. The student-centred content is embedded with three cross-curriculum priorities throughout, and is well supported by a wealth of engaging resources that provide a sense of place.
- powerful images and succinct introductions hook students’ attention
- activities to extend or support individual students
- the latest geographical data and issues
- easy-to-use double-page spreads with vivid images, maps and creative info-graphics
Each student book comes with 15 months access to an interactive eBook version of the text and outstanding digital support. Available for any device, on any platform, any time the wide spectrum of activities and digital resources include:
- a markbook, allowing students to join a virtual class and foster teamwork and collaboration
- up-to-date YouTube and web links for quick and easy access to information
- auto-marking diagnostic quizzes
- interactive crosswords
- weblinks to animations and learning resources
- Unit 1: Biomes and Food Security
- 1. Food Glorious Food
- 2. Changing Food Production
- 3. Factors Affecting Crop Yields
- 4. Challenges to Food Production
- 5. Food Security for a Growing Population
- Unit 2: Geographies of Interconnections
- 6. World of Terrific Teenagers
- 7. Transport and ICT Connects People to Services, Goods and Information
- 8. Production and Goods and Services - Interconnections and Effects
- 9. Culturally Connected
- 10. Travel, Recreational, Cultural and Leisure Choices
Other Year Levels in the 'GeoWorld' Series
|Product Type||Student Books,|
|Year Level||Year 9,|
|Author(s)||Susan Bliss (series editor) et al|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Teacher Superstore users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.